Blog Update 16th August – Waiting for the weather.

August 19, 2014

 

We are sitting out the blow and having got a weather update from Fred it looks like we will be here until the early hours of the morning. We also learned that there is the first rumblings that the NWP may not open this year....It is far too soon to tell and one big storm could change things completely. In the meantime the boats that went north many weeks ago are still sitting and waiting, making the most of the time visiting anchorages on Devon Island and down into Arctic Bay.

 

Later that day!

The winds died in the late afternoon so we up anchored and motored north in big rolling swells from two directions that made sleep almost impossible. These also died as we turned west for the first time towards the Inuit settlement at Pond Inlet, where we anchored in the open roadstead just off the beach at 8.00am. Time to contact family and friends and get weather and ice updates.

 

 

 

 

Please reload

Featured Posts

The Wrangell Narrows - In the FOG!

September 10, 2015

1/10
Please reload

Recent Posts

October 8, 2019

August 23, 2019

January 31, 2019

January 9, 2019

January 9, 2019

August 8, 2018

August 8, 2018

August 8, 2018

Please reload

Search By Tags
Please reload

Follow Us
  • Facebook Classic
  • Twitter Classic
  • Google Classic

© 2014 Steve Brown

  • vimeo
  • Twitter Clean
  • facebook